Saturday 9 April 2011

Car Insurance, Condo Insurance

I had to call out of work to take care of all of this by going to my State Farm insurance agent. I took pictures of everything before I went to them. They took all my  insurance information down, etc. They called their headquarters so they can take my statement, etc. They said to me that they have an Auto Body that works for their insurance claims and that if I went thru them this process would go much faster.
I wanted to get my car back ASAP so I agreed. That same day they sent a tow truck to pick up my car and drop it off at the body shop. Can you believe they failed to let the tow truck  insurance company know that my car insurance had no tires? How can that happen? Negligence that's how. So when the guy comes he says that he can't move my car like that because he was going to severely damage it. We had to PAY this guy to come and take the tires off my sisters car, use the blocks the thieves left my car on and put my sisters car on those blocks, to then put my sisters tires on my car so they could tow it away.
 The body shop was closed by the time we were done so they had to leave it at the tow trucks company garage. They damaged the paint on my car doing all of this. My car was on a lift at this place for 2 weeks and I get a call from the body shop and, in the nastiest tone, they said to get my car out because it was holding up space.I had no tires to move it so what was I going to do? A State Farm employee asked me if I could "borrow" tires from someone. Are you kidding me? I called my agent and they wanted me to call the body shop and ask them to wait that an investigator was going to go and inspect the car and I said NO you call.

I had to call headquarters millions of times because they NEVER call back, they gave me horrible customer service horrible! They are horrible at following up with you. Nearly a month after the incident I got a call to go pick up my car. When I went they didn't want to give it to me because State Farm had not sent them the check. I was so upset. That was a horrible experience for me. 2 months have passed and my agent has not called once to see how things went, horrible service from them and from their headquarters. This lady and I argued over the phone because she basically called me a lier. I am a super calm person but this injustice brought out the monster in me. I felt abused, violated, offended. After this I came to a decision to take my business elsewhere and find a new auto insurance provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment