Saturday 9 April 2011

Insurance Claim, Insurance Policy

I have not had a mortgage through USAA, only because I bought my house on owner financing. However, I've had various other loans, insurance and banking needs done through them. They are very honest and easy to deal with. If you do business on a regular basis with them like I do, then they do an in house credit check whenever you apply for a loan with them.

Instead of pinging your credit through the credit bureaus, they just check how you've kept up on your payments with them. This really speeds up the whole process and I've always been approved right over the phone. They send a check by overnight mail and I've always received any checks for personal loans or for cars insurance, by the next day. They also have low interest rates and will adjust them down after awhile if you qualify and ask for that.

My USAA credit cards are quite low on the interest rates in comparison to others I've had. I think they are quite fair and an easy bank to deal with. They have been very easy to deal with if I've ever had trouble making a payment or am late with it. They really try to help you figure out your finances and help you out. I think they would rather help you than lose you as a insurance customer. They are also financially stable, which is unusual in this day and ag
If you have a connection to the military, then I would highly recommend USAA. I have been with them since age 16 including dealing with the death of my father in a motor vehicle wreck. I know that is not related to a home loan, but it did give me more direct contact than typical. I have and do work with a few other companies for various reasons, but most of my business is handled by USAA. That cuts across many areas including loans. In rare cases, I got better prices or rates etc, but the service was not as good. Also, I found that other insurance companies would then push for savings bundles.

When the "bundles" were compared head to head, then USAA was actually lower. I find USAA to be honest where other companies are not so. Even if they ran a little higher, I'd rather work with a company I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment