Sunday 10 April 2011

Insurance Claim, Insurance Policy

On May 19th I was involved in an auto accident. I am a State Farm  Insurance customer and so was the lady I hit. The lady that I hit was having medical problems and admitted fault. I had a 1995 Dodge Dakota pick up truck and I hit my front drivers side on her rear passenger side, then I was deflected into a ditch. This was on interstate I65. State farm Insurance  agreed to fix my vehicle. the damage was not significant, I had a scratch on the bumper, the head light lens was cracked, and something happened to the steering on the truck.


After the accident I was going to drive my vehicle home, I was able to put my truck  insurance into reverse and pull myself out of mud to the frame of the truck. As I pulled back on to the interstate I had noticed my steering wheel was upside down and the truck insurance  jerked a couple of time to the left. So, I pulled over and had my truck towed home. The following day State Farm insurance  scheduled the truck to be picked up from my house and sent to the body shop. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything I figured they were going to total my truck. It is and older truck that is not in the best of shape with alot of rust. Blue book on the low end is 1200.00. The only concern I ever expressed was to get the steering fixed.

Tuesday June 2nd I received a call from the body shop that the truck was fixed, but they could not fix the steering problem. So, in my eyes it is not fixed. Bob from Scotts autobody in Demmote, IN, had stated a pittman arm on the truck had previously been installed wrong and he could not take it apart to find out what was wrong, because he was afraid the could not be able to get it back together. So I called State Farm back and the sent out an adjuster to look at it. A lady from the Valparaiso, IN adjusters office called me on Thursday and told me that the could not fix the steering because of a previous accident the truck was in, I have had the truck almost 2 years and put on about 30000 miles and never had a steering issue and now I have 2 excuses to why they cant fix it. So I called my Agent, the only person I talked to that actual tried to help. They had told him the frame is to rusted to fix, excuse number 3

No comments:

Post a Comment