Sunday 10 April 2011

Insurance Claim, Insurance Policy

New roof replaced in October. Amfam still dangling only half of the payment to the roofing company. Oh, and guess who is caught in the middle? Not to mention the fact that they tried to pawn it off as two separate insurance claims! Filed a complaint with the  insurance commission and that was fixed. Thankfully JD Power sent a survey in the mail to me a few months ago. (gave them the worst rating possible) The first time my agent actually called me was to discuss why he was given a poor rating with JD Power!

In March of this year, my family suffered a major fire loss to our home. Most of the house burned to the ground, and what didn't burn was water and smoke damaged. At first the process of starting the  insurance claim was a relative smooth one. They set us up in a hotel for the first 11 days, then through a subcontractor, found us a rental home. In the fire we lost everything, including the cars. This is where the first problems started. The auto adjuster really tried to burn us on our vehicle insurance  values. It took a call from my agent to the adjuster's supervisor to get any kind of assistance, and then they

 had purchased a policy from American Family in June of 2010 I wanted to switched because I felt I was being over charged with my previous insurance company. I was then told of American Family from a person that I know they liked there prices but had not been with them long. They had a pretty good quote so I told them I would look around and come back. When I got back with them later that same day I was then told it would be 20 dollars less than there original quote. So I said "lets do it". I signed the paper and had it deducted from my account. 3 days ago I had been sent a letter from American Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment