Friday 8 April 2011

Insurance Claim, Insurance Policy

After enjoying a wonderful relation with a wonderful agent with allstate, he had to leave to help family. the new agent never acknowleged us in any way and our payments went sky high for no reason. We decided to go with another agency altogether. Although we had state farm in the distant past and were not happy with that agent, we decided to give the insurance company another try.


The quote was great and we paid for the first month and made arrangements for the second month, as we wanted to be ahead a month. We never were told they needed proof of our old insurance, at that time.

They later called and asked for it, I told them I didn't understand why they wanted it but I would send in a copy of one of the cards, which I did.

I got the next bill and went into the office to pay for it, and was told they were sending a cancellation notice, since they didn't get it. I told them I had sent it and why didn't someone call asking about it? I showed the rep. the card and she made a copy of it and said that's all they needed. She then took my payment which would put me ahead one month.

I then got cancellation notices in the mail and the reason for them was because I supposedly hadn't given prood of PRIOR insurance. I called the rep and she said that she wanted something in writting. She said that the cards were not enough for them.

I called state farm headquaters and the rep couldn't understand why she asked for a letter. I asked them what did it matter if someone had insurance before anyway, aren't they in the business of selling insurance? I give you money and you give me coverage? He couldn't answer why that would matter if someone had insurance or not.

My son called to see when we would be receiving the new cards and the person said that the cancellation was cancelled, and again didn't understand the problem and stated that my cards were scanned and everything was just fine as far as they were concerned.

I just talked to the rep again, and she proceeds to tell that no we are still going to be cancelled if they don't get in writting that we had insurance, and that they DONOT INSURE ANYONE WHO NEVER HAD INSURANCE BEFORE AND NEVER DID!!!!! Everyone starts out new sometimes, we did, and state farm insured us back then!

Does anyone know anything about these made up policies and why would this company encourage their reps to lie like this and treat people so horribly? by the way, both checks were cleared in record time and we had 4 vehicles insured with them, but now they have lost the business of 6 people in our family and an additional 20 are cancelling because of this, they are feed up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment