Friday 8 April 2011

Insurance Premium, Insurance Policy

There is nothing better than being a member of USAA. When it comes to banking, it is like being a member of a credit union but with the accessibility of a regular bank. Although there are no brick and mortar buildings  insurance other than the main office in San Antonio, USAA handles things quickly and efficiently. They also refund up to $15.00 per month in ATM fees. Of course, you must be eligible to be a part of USAA but eleigibility has been extended in recent years.
The best thing about USAA is that customer service is very friendly. If you are a former military member, they still call you by your rank
I have been a faithful USAA member for 20 years. In that time, my family has had no tickets and one small auto claim ($2,500) back in 1997. Last year we had our first homeowners claim for hail damage and it has been 8 months of runaround trying to have this claim fulfilled. I had to finally write to two directors and threatening to them that I was preparing to report USAA to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and the Department of Insurance. It has still taken 2 months since that letter and USAA says that the payout should be soon.

I first got a USAA checking and savings account because my husband was active-duty military. They are pretty much a totally online insurance company (unless you live in San Antonio, TX). But that meant I wouldn't always have to close accounts at one duty station and move around my money everytime we PCS'd (move from one duty station to another). You must always use another bank's ATM's which for the most part charge you a fee. USAA reimburses you for all ATM fees incurred. You get a rebate for using your check card for non PIN based transactions.
I have used USAA for everything the past 15 years. Home, auto, life, credit cards, etc. Was very happy with their cost and service, but not any more. I just found out through our mortgage company that they've been paying more out of our escrow to homeowners insurance. Why? Because USAA raised their rates for the state of Indiana back in Dec of 2009. Our policy renewed in March of 2010 with a 25% increase in premiums. I have been shopping around for the past couple of days and I'm receiving quotes that are nearly 40% less than USAA

No comments:

Post a Comment